February 9, 2009

My Birthday Donation

I'm using my birthday this year to support charity: water's September campaign to bring clean and safe drinking water to the people of Ethiopia.
I recently learned that more than 1.1 billion people in the world today don't have the most basic thing: clean water to drink. Over 4,500 kids die each and every day from water-related disease. To do my part, I've been supporting an organization called charity: water that has been making a real difference.
This year, I've decided to give up birthday gifts and ask for donations instead. 100% of the money raised will go directly to building freshwater wells, which will be proved with GPS coordinates and photos on Google Earth.
I'm asking for my age in dollars. Please make a donation on mypage:

http://www.charitywater.org/birthdays/fundraiser/sept/view/2299

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment